Beeper’s M2M (Machine-to-Machine) Metering and Control technology is a hands-free control solution, available for implementation in a variety of applications. By eliminating the need for human intervention, Beeper’s M2M Metering and Control system can combat loss of time and initialize protocols automatically. The system can be customized to automate industrial and logistic procedures, Smart Grid applications and many more.
The M2M Metering and Control system can be implemented as a state-of-the-art monitoring system for sensitive devices, processes and critical infrastructures, thus improving operational aspects across the organization.
Take Action When it Matters Most
Beeper’s M2M Metering and Control system allows you to take full control of resource management, improve efficiency, and reduce expenses and consumption.
The system is a comprehensive, web-based, end-to-end mini-SCADA solution with server-based graphical presentation and remote meter reading, security, and alarm capabilities.
Typical applications include:
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
- Warning Systems
- Earthquake Alerting
- Alarm Systems
How it Works
The M2M Metering and Control system is a complete end-to-end real-time telemetry solution for monitoring and controlling remote equipment, services and assets crucial for uninterrupted operation of the critical messaging network and its infrastructure.
The system is based on two main components:
- ICU (Interface & Communication Unit) – A wired/wireless data acquisition and control unit which allows remotes devices and sensors to communicate securely via the Central Management Software (ISG).
- ISG (Internet Server Gateway) – A web-based software platform that remotely monitors ICUs. The ISG securely collects, stores, analyzes and presents data, while providing real-time notifications and alerts via SMS and Email.
The M2M Metering and Control system facilitates continuous monitoring of the network and substantially improves the operational aspect of the network by providing tools such as Network Health Check, which detect misconfiguration failures across the network.
M2M Monitoring and Control Operations
- ‘Lock down’: In case of a security breach, the M2M Metering and Control system can initialize lock down procedures, protecting sensitive information and trapping intruders.
- ‘Shut-off’: Shut-off procedures are implemented in factories, treatment facilities and even in hospitals to prevent chemical or gas leaks during weather disasters and earthquake. By automatically shutting off the transfer of sensitive materials, the risks of collateral damage are reduced significantly.
- Remote Control of Public Shelters: Shelters open immediately to accommodate the public, no keys required. This also helps keep shelters intact, clean and ready for an emergency.
- Emergency Lighting – The M2M Metering and Control system turns on emergency lights indoors and outdoors, to lead the public to safety.
- Electricity – When the electricity network is compromised, the M2M and Metering Control system initiates back-up generators to ensure the steady operation of critical devices, machines rooms and cold storage